OLQA Joins the Partnership Network
December 16, 2013OLQA is thrilled to be one of six Pre-K through 8th grade Catholic schools in Harlem and the South Bronx that is part of the recently launched Partnership for Inner-City Education network. These six schools are being managed by the Partnership, an organization that has been integral to our school for many years, in
collaboration with the Archdiocese of New York.
Because of the Partnership network, OLQA will build on our strong Catholic school foundation to prepare our students to succeed in high school, college and throughout their lives. In doing so, the school will remain faithful to what is known and loved about us and will also work together with the Partnership to offer our students the following:
• Challenging, high achieving academic program
• Broad program including arts, music, sports, community service and technology
• Expanded after-school programming
• Assistance with high school placement
The Partnership will also help to strengthen our school operationally and financially, so that it can continue to serve our neighborhood for years to come. The other five schools in the network are:
• Mt Carmel-Holy Rosary and St. Mark the Evangelist (Harlem)
• St. Athanasius, Immaculate Conception (151st Street) and Sacred Heart (South Bronx)
Please look at the Partnership’s website for further information about our network: www.partnershipnyc.org
The Partnership has supported our school for many years, and we have relied on and valued its 20 years of experience working with schools like ours. We are pleased to be working even more closely with the
Partnership’s team now and in the future and look forward to providing regular updates.